Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Boy, am i in a rut!

It's now been one month since I turned out what I think is a quality photo. My "go to" spot (Governors island) located here in Madison is starting to get old. It's been impossible to get a decent sunset or sunrise shot when the landscape is scattered with ice fishing shacks. I have tried to get more interested in macro photography and have even tried out a fish eye lens but it's just not working for me. I need sprawling landscapes!!! What I really need is to get out of Madison and fast. I did the Devil's Lake trip twice this last month and that was great but I need to get out into some unfamiliar territory. Maybe I’ll head up north towards Spooner. Although I know the area like the back of my hand, there are always new photo opportunities. Last year at this time I spent 2 days on the North Shore of Lake Superior. Got some great shots but the cold winds and the 17 inches of snow that we got made it a little difficult to get around. Maybe it's time to take my chances with the weather and head back.
I have one month until my show season begins and that can become very busy so I need to take the time to get out and that's exactly what I am going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment