Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wildlife

  
One of the things I love to do is shoot wildlife. There is something special about capturing birds and animals in their natural habitat. During the summer I have an abundance of opportunities with all of the time I spend at the lake but in the winter it becomes more difficult. I am dying to get out there again so I think that I’ll head over to Sauk City this weekend and see how the Bald Eagles are doing. I am going to experiment with back button focusing and see if it improves the quality of my shots. From what I have read it takes a little getting used to but is apparently much more effective when it comes to focusing on your subject.
I could just sit on the deck and wait for a Cardinal or Blue Jay to show up but that just feels too controlled to me. I much prefer to be out in the woods where circumstances are what they should be when you are looking for wildlife.
I am still waiting to hear if i was accepted into the Audubon art show in May. I'd like to have some new wildlife photos to show so that's what i'll focus on this week and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment