Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Wildlife

Well, the Eagle shooting trip to Sauk City was a major bust. I saw one Eagle but it was to far away to get anything resembling a decent shot. I also saw a Cardinal but he was again to far away. After two hours of sitting and waiting for something to happen I got up and got out of there. I drove for a while and finally decided to head back to Devil's lake and climb the west bluff. It was a nice day, sun was out and it was fairly warm so dealing with the elements was not going to be an issue. Got a few good shots, nothing spectacular but the exercise was great. After a walk on the ice and a few moments where I thought I was going in I headed back home.
Per my last post, I love searching for and shooting wildlife but I really prefer to be much farther north where things are bit more wild and where I actually know where to find what I am looking for.
I am seriously considering attending a photo workshop out west or in Canada where wildlife is more abundant. If this show season turns out to be profitable I may just look to do something like that in the fall.
Actually, I would love nothing more than to grab a small RV and travel the US for a couple of months. Go where I want to go and shoot what I want to shoot. There's no reason why I can't do this...............except for maybe a job that pays my bills and health insurance and car insurance........Arrgghhhh....do we really need all that stuff? I guess the responsible person does. I remember my youth when irresponsibility was a trait that you somewhat lived by. Hmmmm....I did it once, who says I can't do it again....

1 comment: